Thursday, May 6, 2010

Calf Fry

Last week the annual Calf Fry was held in Stillwater, Oklahoma. It is an outdoor country music festival with fried cow testicles as a specialty. There were many musicians there througouht the week. The even promotes Red Dirt Country music that has roots in Oklahoma. The big acts of the weekend included Cross Canadian Ragweed and Miranda Lambert.


I had the privelege of going to the festival and experiencing the wonderful atmosphere. While trying to enter I felt like I was a cow being herded in through the gates. It was kind of odd, but once I got inside the complex I realized that it was much bigger than I had anticipated. There were so many people there, and once Miranda Lambert took the stage it was packed like sardines. I worked my way up to the front and boy did I get a show. Sadly so many people there were drunk that they probably don't remember, but one man (who I hope was intoxicated) ran up on the stage causing a seen and started running from the authorities. They ended up getting him, but it was pretty funny to hear what Miss Lambert had to say. She speaks a mind of her own and she didn't let the crowd stop her from speaking her mind.

Below is a video I took of Miranda Lambert at Calf Fry 2010 singing White Liar.



All in all it was a very good showcase of musicians with a very good turnout, and I'm sure much revenue. Who do you think the Tumbleweed should invite to perform next year? Would you try their odd delicacies?

No comments:

Post a Comment